Occupational ceilings - changes 1 March 2014
6 Mar 2014
- The following changes have been made to occupational ceilings in SkillsSelect from 1 March 2014:
- Skilled State and territory nominated visas (subclasses 190 & 489) will no longer be subject to occupational ceiling limitations
- The minimum ceiling for each occupational group for Skilled Independed Visas (subclass 189) will be 1000 invitations.
However, DIBP is still experienceing a high volume of applications from prospective skilled migrants in the following six occupations, therefore pro rata arrangements for these occupational groups will continue:
- Chemical and Materials Engineers
- Electronics Engineers
- Other Engineering Professionals
- ICT Business and Systems Analysts
- Software and Applications Programmers
- Telecommunications Engineering Professionals
- Details of the cut-offs for these occupations will continue to be included in the regular invitation round reports.