NEW TEMPORARY PARENT VISA DETAILS ANNOUNCED
2 Mar 2019
The long-awaited TEMPORARY PARENT VISA was announced today, 1st March 2019.
Sponsorship must first be approved before you can apply for the visa, and applications for sponsorship will open from 17th April 2019.
This is fantastic news for parents who have already applied for a Parent Visa, as the new visa will enable them to enter Australia and remain whilst waiting for the long processing time of an existing application to be finalised.
Key points about the new Temporary Parent Visa:
- A Temporary Visa valid for 3 or 5 years with one renewal;
- No Balance of Family requirement;
- Visa holders will generally be subject to a "no work" condition;
- Application in two parts - Sponsorship, then Visa Application;
- Sponsorship application charge will be A$420;
- Three-year visa charge will be A$5,000, whilst the 5-year visa charge will be $10,000;
- There will be a limit of 15,000 places per year.
We believe there will be a strong demand for this visa and the initial quota will soon be exhausted. So please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss this further either by telephone on +44(0)1483550914 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org